Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Birthday!

My birthday was the 6th and it was a great one! My hubby planned a "surprise" b-day outing with 3 other couples to a very nice restaurant and then over to the comedy club right next door to it. This took place on the 5th; hubby arranged for a sitter and planned the whole thing, I didn't have to do any of it!!! Yippee! That's all I have ever really wanted was to not have to plan my own b-day and get the babysitter too!!! Well, it didn't stop there! On Saturday morning, I awoke to 4 little voices saying "Happy Birthday Mama" and then summoned downstairs where they had made me breakfast.

Yep, lemonade, soggy cereal, and chocolate pudding for dessert!!! It was too stinkin' cute!!!! And you can see the card, signed by all, including a $. How precious is that?!

Then, my hubby had arranged for a sitter to come at noon and he took me out on the Scenic Drive along the Spoon River. It takes place the first 2 weekends in October, and all of the little towns along the Spoon River have arts & crafts, farmer's markets, flea markets, yard sales, etc. It was so much fun and we were out for 6 whole hours!!!! We brought home pizza and had a lovely dinner with the kids. It was such a wonderful birthday and I wouldn't have changed a thing! (Well, maybe I would have made the temps in the 60's instead of the 90's).

1 comment:

erin said...

That is soooo sweet and I LOVE the 1$!!!! They are generous :)