Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First official day of school


Aah, the first day of school. The kids were so excited. Mom and Dad are just as excited! Rianna and Jaden starting Kindergarten. It doesn't seem real! Where did the time go? Sydney in 2nd grade? Wow, the glamour of cursive writing is finally here! I just don't remember the excitement of learning to write in cursive. I am so glad my kids love school. I am just anxiously awaiting the phone call that my crazy little Rianna has detention. In Kindergarten, they have these "color card changes", instead of checkmarks. If you stay on green, you are doing well; if it turns yellow, you lose 5 minutes of recess; orange you lose 10 minutes of recess; if you are the minority and hit red, you lose all recesses and snack. After that, you get detention. It will be soon. I can almost guarantee it. Both Jaden and Rianna take snack on Friday for their birthdays. I would bet money that Rianna takes cupcakes, but doesn't get to eat one! Say a prayer for Rianna's ADD not to interfere with her school work.

No comments: